IMPORTANT UPDATE COVID-19
Dentistry has moved to a new level. There are now more procedures that are permitted. We can still see any patients with pain, infection, recent oral trauma or tooth fracture.
We still CANNOT DO "routine cleanings". We CAN only treat hygiene patients with a high rate of decay or patients with a history of gum disease.
We CANNOT see any patients to start crowns, bridges, or implants. We CAN see patients who were in progress to finish those cases. We CAN see patients to complete or start partial dentures or full dentures.
We CANNOT see patients for routine fillings, unless they become symptomatic. When can we treat "routine fillings"? Unfortunately, we don't know. That is beyond our control.
Covenant cares about our patients and certainly wants to be able to do more for your dental health. But we also care about keeping you safe. Please know that we will go out of our way to treat what we should be treating, but will also follow all guidelines from the CDC and the PA Department of Health to prevent spreading infection.
Thank you for choosing Covenant for your dental care.
Covenant Family Dentistry
WE ARE NOT USING OUR RECEPTION AREA
- We are prescreening all patients over the phone while making their appointments
- The patient will call us when they arrive in the parking lot. We will call you back when we are prepared to seat you.
- The patient will have their temperature taken and screened again by a series of questions outside the office. The patient will need to have a mask on, or we will provide one.
- The patient will either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- An employee will then escort the patient directly into the operatory and place a patient bib on them.
- The patient will rinse with a 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide solution: 2 separate 30 second rinses.
- The patient will sign a consent form understanding the risks of having a dental procedure completed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Diagnosis and treatment will then begin.
* Only the patient is allowed in the office. We will allow 1 guardian to join an underage person or someone requiring assistance. That guardian must also pass the prescreen, must sign a waiver, and have a mask on at all times.